4/22/11

Get Shaved!


"Close shave and beach ready skin in just one stroke!" That's what the promotion said on the eye-catching "Venus Tropical" disposable razor package. "For GLIDE with Aloe" too. Wow. I'm buyin' this. Scented handle and all. What more could I ask for! I mean, really, the claims on the package are strikingly glorious! (1) 3 Blades surrounded by protective cushions (2) Pivoting Rounded head to fit easily into hard to shave areas (3) MoistureRich® Strip with lubricants, and a touch of aloe, for the great glide AND (4) Specially designed handle for great control. WELL! I can't possibly live without this, especially with the sandal/bare legged season just around the corner. My legs and feet have been encased in a winter solstice-like cast of fashion, begging to be let out of that fabric prison when the sun makes its grand appearance. So, I couldn't pass up the Gillette® amazing color packaging and appeal! THIS is my answer to shaving without losing a layer or two of skin! THIS is going to change my world!

For four days, I consistently felt the glorious glide of the razor, preparing my legs for the dreamy beach days ahead. I couldn't believe it! The advertising was right! Incredible! This thing glided like a song on the skin of my legs! I could hear Christopher Cross smoothly singing, "Sailing...take me away, to where I've always heard it could be.." Life-changing. I never experienced anything like it! It was as if the razor wasn't even touching my skin! And that's when I got suspicious. Realizing that the hair on my legs was getting longer and thicker by the day, I figured it out. I never removed the plastic cover from the razor. Gentle glide alright! Never a nub, scrape, nick, or cut - when you use the razor with the plastic cover still ON. There's not one single word on the package that says, "For best results, remove the plastic cover before shaving." Not that I would have paid attention to that anyway even if it was posted, but just sayin'. And I don't normally wear my glasses in the shower, but I'm beginning to consider that as an option!

I'm "shaved!"

• Remember, when you travel, you can't take disposable razors in your carry-on luggage.
• Don't use the chintzy generic razors they give you at the hotels either. Ugh. Just go to a convenience store, drug store or Walmart and get those good disposable razors, if you haven't packed any in your checked-in luggage.
• The Word of God is like a "two-edged sword", but is of no use if you don't "open" it and apply it to your life. Lot's of Bibles, devotionals and inspirational books are stacked up in our homes collecting dust, but they are of no value if we don't open them, read them, digest them, and implement the words into our everyday walk.
No shaving the gospel here; no watered down approach. It'll never work unless your words match your heart.

So take the plastic off, be functional and prepare yourself for Kingdom living - today!

2 Timothy 2:14-17 (The Message)
Repeat these basic essentials over and over to God's people. Warn them before God against pious nitpicking, which chips away at the faith. It just wears everyone out. Concentrate on doing your best for God, work you won't be ashamed of, laying out the truth plain and simple. Stay clear of pious talk that is only talk. Words are not mere words, you know. If they're not backed by a godly life, they accumulate as poison in the soul.

No comments: