6/4/11

Which Controller?


We have five remotes for our television viewing convenience... One to turn it on. One for changing channels. One for the DVD player. One for the volume/stereo control. And one that I have no clue what it's for.. Then, to top it off, we now can use our iPhones to control the Apple TV accessory. So really, that's SIX ways to control (or be controlled!) It makes me tired. I need the "Remote Controllers for Dummies" manual. (And to think, I used to run a radio station, for cryin' out loud, yet I'm befuddled when it comes to understanding this system.) My greatest fear is that I'll be here at home all by myself without Jeff or Annie and not have a clue how to use any of this stuff! So, guess what my remedy is? I leave the TV on. The cat appreciates the entertainment while we're gone, I'm sure.

I love this scripture: Philippians 3:20-21 "But our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ, who, by the power that enables Him to bring everything under His control, will transform our lowly bodies so that they will be like His glorious body."

Under "His" control. Good word. (Which is why I pictured my greatest remote control of all - God's Word. There's no manual needed to read it, use it, live it. It IS THE manual!)

No comments: