1/27/12

The Organ Recital

I have no voice today. Literally. None. I woke up with a cold or allergy-symptom-related sore throat  that I saw coming, but have been in denial since its onset. SO, let the "organ" recital begin!

(To the tune of 'Jesu Joy of Man's Desiring') - Sing out loud, cause I sure can't!

Vocal chords are tired and silenced
Skin is dry and itchy-bad
Stomach's bleh, from all the Airborne 
Bowels? I think I'll take a pass..
Lungs are pushing air through the passage
Making me cough with every breath
Liver's glad this day's soon over
Heart knows this is just a test!

Ahhhhh...........mennnnnn.

But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us. (2 Corinthians 4: 7)

Thanks to my dear friend Toni Birdsong for giving me permission to use her "organ recital" term. She has NO idea how it launched a whole new idea in this comedic brain!


3 comments:

Linda Lou said...

Could you hear me? Just sang it out LOUD and STRONG! Very cute. Bet you are going to have a hayday with this one! Get well soon! :-)

Sue Duffield said...

I heard ya - all the way over here!!!!!!!!! :)

Kim Aldrich said...

Wooooohoo! You used the organ recital idea right away. Good for you, girl! Loved the poem!! :D