5/23/13

This Speaks Volumes



There are very few songs that really move me. Does that surprise you? Probably so. But as a singer and musician, it's both a blessing and a curse to think, live, eat and dream musically. It's just the way I process. So amidst the clatter and pseudo-music-forms that most of us are content and presented with, I sometimes (and oft times) choose to go outside my chosen venue and clear my internal song-cluttered governor. It's like a cleansing of the palette.

Today I'm reading about "being content in all things". The Philippians 4:11-13 passage speaks volumes when you have nothing. But it really speaks like a cruise-ship horn, when you "think" you have it all. I meet people every day who have volumes of stuff but no volume of space for the thing that means the most. I'm sure if we asked anyone in Moore, OK what matters most, doubtfully they'd say it's their possessions. Just being alive is their volume.

So Frank? I think you nailed it today. "All My Tomorrows Belong to You". And for me? I'm aware of what matters most: My relationship with God, my family and my friends. Anything else really doesn't matter much to me. Paul's secret of contentment really shouts the loudest, not just to those who have nothing, but to those of us (and even Frank in his day) who seemingly have or have had it all. Take a few minutes today and be thankful for what you have, and not what you don't have. Know that you are able to face anything by the One who makes you able to do it. All your tomorrows are His tomorrows too. And that speaks volumes...


(Also posted on Sue's Blog)

No comments: