3/14/13

A Tempting Savory Snack Attack

Sue Duffield | Singer, Speaker, Humorist | Sue's Blog : A Tempting Savory Snack Attack
A sure chance to chew and spew!



I grabbed the green bag of wasabi peas and put a handful on the table. At the same time, I grabbed a few kitty treats for Annie's teacup chihuahua. Yes, that's right: Lola loves the kitty treats more than dog biscuits. And it's apparent that I must love the kitty treats better than the wasabi peas, because I accidentally put them into MY mouth TWICE! A handful of kitty treats in my left hand; a handful of wasabi peas in my right hand. And the kitty treats win this juggling act. Again...Arrggh.

I posted this incident on Facebook and friends were responding, "Oh, the poor dog!" Poor dog - nothin'! She never even tasted a mere morsel of the wasabi's. Nay, I say. But "I" surely crunched a few ©Whiskas Temptation Treats (seafood medley flavor!) long enough to chew and spew (by pyloric valve, catapult-style) across the room. Very impressive. All those years of spittin' pomegranate seeds across the hedge from my front porch, pay-eth off-eth. :)

I wish I could say that I immediately respond (or spit out) quickly the things that repulse or defile me as a holistic and spiritual believer. To say I've been known to "chew the acuity fat" is a bit obtuse (Obtuse. I learned that word from Andy DuFresne!). It's not in good taste to join the ranks of off-color jokes and laugh along with the Hollywood-mindset and their raunchy ways. But isn't it interesting that I invite it into my house, as if an honored guest for the evening, whenever I turn on late night television, Netflix, or RedBox. You could say it's just in the background. The obscene language, vulgar improprieties, and shocking lewd filth. (There. I named it for what it is.) But is it enough that I am greatly offended and spew it out of my mouth or throw the controller out the window? I hope so.

I'm more sensitive than ever to the things that feed and sustain my soul vs. the things that turn my stomach and make me spiritually sick. This is what happens when you feast on good food and understand it's life-giving force. You know the difference. Quickly. And at first taste of the gross stuff, just stand back and hurl with me. I'll be right beside you. Kitty treats and all!



Psalm 19:14 There’s more: God’s Word warns us of danger and directs us to hidden treasure. Otherwise how will we find our way? Or know when we play the fool? Clean the slate, God, so we can start the day fresh! Keep me from stupid sins, from thinking I can take over your work; Then I can start this day sun-washed, scrubbed clean of the grime of sin. These are the words in my mouth; these are what I chew on and pray. Accept them when I place them on the morning altar, O God, my Altar-Rock, God, Priest-of-My-Altar. 
Psalm 19:14 ...God’s Word warns us of danger and directs us to hidden treasure. Otherwise how will we find our way? Or know when we play the fool? Clean the slate, God, so we can start the day fresh! Keep me from stupid sins, from thinking I can take over your work; Then I can start this day sun-washed, scrubbed clean of the grime of sin. These are the words in my mouth; these are what I chew on and pray. Accept them when I place them on the morning altar, O God, my Altar-Rock, God, Priest-of-My-Altar. 

I also find it whimsical too that the treats are called "Temptations". I LOL over that one for a while...

No comments: