6/27/09

A "Toasty" Post!


It's not unusual for me to receive some great encouragement along the way, especially from well-wishers - sitting in the audiences where I am singing or speaking. Occasionally, someone may slip me a note saying, "Read this later. God laid this on my heart." And I always treat these special written gifts with great care and appreciation. Sometimes I've even had someone ask me to read their sentiments publicly, as if to say that not only do they have a word from the Lord for ME, but also to the congregation. And to that, I'm quite cautious - because you just never know. Well anyway, this past week I had a sweet woman come up to me in the middle of a Christian women's event, handing me her scribbles on a torn piece of notebook paper. I could tell that she was "moved" in some way and I wondered if I should read it right then and there. I stuffed it in my pocket, hoping that later this would be the "apples of gold in settings of silver" that I just may need; you know, the fruit of wisdom - the joy of inspiration - the moving of the Holy Spirit on a woman's heart, prompting her to write something profound and anointed. I got in my van driving down the interstate, when I remembered this special note in my pocket. I fumbled with my seat belt and squeezed my hand into my pocket and pulled out the note. Here's what it said, "Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons; for you are crunchy and good with ketchup." Well, needless to say, I laughed out loud! I also could envision this woman, laughing her socks off with the thought that she GOT ME! I'm just thankful I didn't read it publicly! (Of course posting it on an international blog space, is an exception! Too funny not to post it!)

No comments: